Motorcyclist seriously injured in crash
A BIKER is fighting for his life after a crash in Needham Market today.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the road collision between a Suzuki GSX motorbike and a bicycle which took place early yesterday afternoon in Barking Road.
Four ambulances and the air ambulance were sent to the accident at around 12.50pm.
The 36-year-old motorbike rider, who is from Ipswich, sustained serious head injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
The 60-year-old cyclist, who is from Needham and was riding a Scotts road bicycle, received only minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Polce sergeant Paul Ward said it appeared the motorcyclist was unable to reduce speed enough to avoid the cyclist. “Two or three cars were also involved,” he added. “We have spoken to the drivers and they have gone on their way.”
Witnesses should call Pc Ray Dade at Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 9 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning