Motorist denies possession of drugs in Braintree
Police officers who arrested two men in a stationary car in Braintree found 54 wraps of heroin and cocaine hidden in the trousers of the front seat passenger, a court has heard.
As the plain clothes officers were about to approach the car they saw a gaunt looking male approach the passenger window of the car and suspected a drug deal was about to take place, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When the police officers introduced themselves the front seat passenger tried to shut the window and was seen to put his hands in his pockets, said Richard Burrington, prosecuting.
The officers found two wraps of heroin and cocaine in the passenger footwell and later discovered a further 54 wraps containing the drugs were found in the passenger’s trousers.
Officers also arrested the car driver, Katakyie Addie-Kodua and allegedly discovered messages connected with drug dealing in a phone found in his pocket.
You may also want to watch:
Addie-Kodua, 26, of London, has denied possessing cocaine and heroin with intent to supply on November 29 last year.
The trial continues.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 6 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store