Traffic delays on A12 after ‘multiple vehicle collision’
Motorists heading northbound on the A12 are being warned of delays following a collision on the road near Kelvedon.
One lane of the A12 heading northbound is closed between junctions 23 and 24, following an earlier traffic collision.
Delays were orginally estimated at one hour, with both northbound lanes closed, but Highways England has since confirmed that one lane has reopened – and disruption is easing.
Highways England tweeted shortly before 3pm that it was “receiving reports that the road is blocked due to a multiple vehicle collision”.
The agency later added: “Lane 2 has RE-OPENED. However, lane 1 remains closed at this time. Delays have eased. Please take care and allow extra time for your journey if travelling in the area.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “We were called at around 1.55pm on Wednesday, August 8 to reports of a multi-vehicle collision on the northbound A12 between junctions 23 and 24.
“The road is blocked and the incident is ongoing.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Three vehicle crash causing delays near Ipswich