Traffic delays in central Ipswich
- Credit: ARCHANT
Motorists are being warned of disruption caused by roadworks on the A1071 (Woodbridge Road), near to St Helen’s Primary School.
Drivers heading to work in central Ipswich this morning can expect delays on and around Woodbridge Road, as work is done to widen the footpath and construct a new Toucan crossing.
The work is taking place between the junction with Palmerston Road and the junction with Argyle Street, near to St Helen’s Primary School and the Regent Theatre.
Woodbridge Road is closed heading westbound – with motorists diverted to alternative routes. The eastbound road remains open one way.
Temporary traffic lights will be in operation from today until Wednesday, August 22, opposite the junction with Lacey Street – and are expected to cause some disruption.
You may also want to watch:
• Have you been caught in serious traffic congestion this morning – due to an accident or other disruption? Let us know by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket