Motorcyclist seriously injured after crash with deer
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A motorcyclist has been left with serious injuries after being involved in a collision with a deer.
The collision happened in Baythorne End on the Essex/Suffolk border around 5.50am Tuesday, October 8.
Police were called to scene and closed the A1017 road while the motorcyclist - a man in his 30s - received treatment.
He was later taken to hospital with serious injuries.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 5.42am with reports of a collision in Baythorne End, Birdbrook.
You may also want to watch:
"We sent an ambulance crew to help on scene and one man was transported to Addenbrooke's Hospital for further treatment."
Residents in the area said the accident caused disruption to local school bus services and for commuters heading towards Haverhill.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
The condition of the deer is not known.