Mystery after man found with serious facial injuries late at night
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
A busy road in Newmarket has been closed after a man was found with unexplained and serious injuries.
Police have closed part of Moulton Road for "most of the morning", after a man was found with unexplained facial injuries.
The force was first called at around 3.20am after a man knocked on a resident of Moulton Road's door. They arrived to find the man had unexplained facial injuries.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary have now closed "a short section" of the road in order to set up a crime scene.
A spokesman for the force said the injuries were serious and could have been caused by an assault, or a fall from a height. The investigation is currently centred around what caused the injuries and the circumstances in which the man sustained them.
You may also want to watch:
The injured man has been taken to Addenbrookes by ambulance.
The spokesman added that the incident was not currently thought to be linked to the case of a man who was found with unexplained head injuries on Park Lane in the town in late August.
Officers have asked motorists to avoid the area and find another way around.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
They said that the closure would not affect plans for a charity horse event later today. Police added they were working with The Jockey Club to minimise disruption.
This is a breaking news story. Be sure the check back on the website for further updates as they come in.
Join our Suffolk Breaking News Facebook group to be the first to see breaking news stories in the county.