Game of Thrones actor to make guest appearance at Suffolk sci-fi spectacular
- Credit: Archant
Sci-fi fans are in for a treat later this month with the opening of an exhibition at Moyse’s Hall Museum, in Bury St Edmunds.
The 10th Annual Sci-fi and Action Exhibition takes place from Saturday, October 20, to Sunday, November 25, and visitors will be able to see a unique selection of screen-used props and costumes, plus replicas, memorabilia, from the likes of Star Wars, Dr Who, Star Trek and Harry Potter – plus original space race artefacts.
This year the highlights will appeal to film and television fans from Trekkies to Potterheads as the Moyse’s Hall team up with Kudos Memorabilia to bring the best of the world of fantasy and fiction.
Amongst the array of items will be Captain Kirk’s costume from Star Trek III (1984), Romulan uniform and rifle from the Star Trek reboot (2009) and Matt Damon’s space suit worn in Ridley Scott’s The Martian (2015). And for those looking to sprinkle a bit of magic there will be Professor Snape’s wand as used by the late great Alan Rickman in the Harry Potter
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will launch at the opening with a special guest appearance from Star Wars and Game of Thrones actor Julian Glover.
Visitors will also have a chance to get their selfies with costumed characters from specialist costume group Vader’s Raiders! Meet Lord Vader, a Stormtrooper, Darth Maul, Chewbacca and Predators.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
Moyes’s Hall will also be celebrating the fact behind the fiction with original space race artefacts including two NASA manuals (Apollo 11 Flight Plan and Apollo 11 Spacecraft Operational Trajectory) which were also used by as reference material for Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope’ (1977).
The exhibition will be open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 5pm, and Sunday, noon to 4pm with admission £5 for adults and £3 for children.