MP backs charity picture project as new photo shoot date revealed
- Credit: Archant
Colchester’s new MP is among the latest round of people to be pictured as part of a charity project.
Will Quince, 32, was photographed for the 1,000 Faces of Colchester campaign.
Photographer Gavin King is attempting to picture 1,000 people around the town, and once he reaches his target law firm Kerseys Solicitors will donate £1,000 to the Tom Bowdidge Foundation.
Mr Quince said: “It was a pleasure to play a small part in supporting this great organisation and I encourage all Colchester residents to get behind it.”
The foundation was set up by Tom’s family to carry on the good work of the teenager, who raised £170,000 for charity before he died aged 19 in October 2013 after battling a rare stomach cancer.
It has its headquarters in Colchester and the funds raised go to support research projects and to provide physical and emotional support to teenagers and young people with cancer.
His family launched the foundation on what would have been Tom’s 20th birthday on February 28 last year.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Those wanting to join the 343 people who have already taken part in the project by taking part in a photo shoot at the Street Wise event ta Colchester Institute on Saturday.
Anthony Wooding, managing partner of Kerseys, said: “We are really grateful to the organisers of Street Wise for supporting the 1,000 Faces of Colchester campaign. We hope people will take part and help us reach our target.”
Tom’s dad Richard Bowdidge added: “The Street Wise event promises to be a great day and we are delighted to have this opportunity to further our campaign.”
As well as the photo shoot the Street Wise event will include a Guinness World Record attempt to create the world’s largest street dance at 12pm, with participants urged to arrive at 10am.