MP for Braintree James Cleverly hits out at Russian Embassy over ‘Poirot’ Tweet
- Credit: Archant
An Essex MP has hit out at the Russian Embassy after it mocked the Salisbury nerve agent attack with a social media post.
James Cleverly, MP for Braintree, reacted to the Tweet from the Russian Embassy which read: “In the absence of evidence, we definitely need Poirot in Salisbury!”
The Tweet included an image of the fictional Belgian detective, created by Agatha Christie.
Mr Cleverly responded via Twitter and said: “The Russian Embassy is laughing at the fact that three people are critically ill after an assassination attempt.
“The unanimity of voice from the international, rules based, community sends a powerful message that this is unacceptable.”
You may also want to watch:
Russian ex-spy Sergei Skripal, 66, and his daughter Yulia Skripal, 33, remain critically ill in hospital, after they were found unconscious on a bench in the Wiltshire city on March 4.
Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, the police officer caught up in the attack, is no longer in a critical condition, NHS England confirmed yesterday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
- 10 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear