MP for West Suffolk Matt Hancock gets help in choosing Christmas card winner
- Credit: Archant
MP for West Suffolk Matt Hancock received some help in choosing the winning design for his annual Christmas card.
Mr Hancock asked Jo Churchill MP for Bury St Edmunds, James Waters, leader of Forest Heath District Council, and John Griffiths, leader of St Edmundsbury Borough Council, to help him pick a winner.
Hundreds of entries came from primary schools across his West Suffolk constituency, and the winning entry was designed by Kaya Curry, aged 10, from Forest Academy in Brandon.
Mr Hancock said: “I received so many fantastic designs, it was difficult to choose a winner.
“Luckily, I had Jo, James and John to help. There are so many talented and creative young artists in our local schools and I hope this competition started them thinking about and looking forward to Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“Well done to the winner, Kaya Curry, I loved her picture of a Christmas tree made of hearts.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship