Multiple fire crews tackle bedroom blaze in Laxfield home
- Credit: Archant
Five fire crews, including one from Norfolk, were sent to a bedroom fire in Laxfield this evening.
Initially two crews were sent at 6.58pm, from Stradbroke and Framlingham, to the incident in Rowes Hill.
They arrived to find one bedroom on fire and heavily smoke-logged. They tackled it with one hosereel and requested an ambulance for a casualty suffering from smoke inhalation.
It was then the additional crews from Halesworth and Harleston in Norfolk, along with the command support unit and an appliance from Woodbridge.
At the height of the blaze two hosereels, a thermal imaging camera and a 13.5m high ladder were being used by crews.
You may also want to watch:
The fire was under control by 8.32pm.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results