Teenager released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of murder in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A teenager arrested on suspicion of murder has been released on bail.
The 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday, June 29, in connection with the ongoing investigation into the murder of Lee Evans, in Chelmsford.
Mr Evans, 47, was stabbed in Cromar Way just before 1am on Friday, June 22 and, died in hospital a short time later.
The teenager, who was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs and possession of cannabis, has been released on bail until July 26.
Enquiries are ongoing and detectives continue to appeal for anyone with information to come forward by calling 101, quoting incident number 54 of 22/06 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases