Murder investigation launched in Essex after man dies following collision with Mercedes
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 60s died following a collision with a car in Essex yesterday.
The victim, a man from Chelmsford suffered serious injuries after allegedly being hit by a silver Mercedes S Class car in Osea Way in the town, just before 8.30pm. He died at the scene soon after.
The Mercedes driver, a 63-year-old Chelmsford man, was arrested at Chelmsford Police Station at 8.40pm. He had been arrested on suspicion of murder.
DCI Marina Ericson, who is leading the investigation, said: “My team would like to speak to anybody who may have witnessed what happened last night and I would urge anybody that has not already spoken to officers to come forward.
“We will be continuing with our investigation today and part of Osea Way will remain cordoned off whilst our forensic examinations continue.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with information about the incident who has not yet spoken to police is asked to contact Essex Police on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 5 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 6 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 7 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134