Murder probe - dead man named
POLICE have named a man who died following a disturbance at his home.
A MURDER investigation has been launched after a man died in an Essex village.
Police were called to a disturbance in Harwich Road, Great Oakley, just after 7pm on Friday.
Andrew Child, 27, was rushed from the house to Colchester General Hospital after becoming ill at the scene but he was declared dead on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and has now been released on police bail, pending a decision from the Crown Prosecution Service, until September.
An Essex Police spokeswoman said a post mortem showed the preliminary cause of death to be asphyxiation.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial