Murder probe launched after double death
A murder investigation was launched today after the bodies of a woman and a child were found at a house in southern England.
A murder investigation was launched today after the bodies of a woman and a child were found at a house.
Hampshire Police said a relative of the dead woman made the discovery at 9.05am at the property in Totton, near Southampton.
Their next of kin are currently being notified and post-mortem examinations on the bodies are expected to take place tonight or tomorrow morning.
mfl A Hampshire Police spokesman said: "Detectives from Hampshire Major Crime Team have launched a murder inquiry after the bodies of a woman and a child were found at an address in Myrtle Avenue in Totton, near Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
"Officers were called to the address at 9.05am this morning when the bodies were discovered by a relative.
"Detectives are currently trying to establish the circumstances that led to the deaths and are appealing for information."
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
He said police were keen to speak to anyone who had seen someone acting suspiciously in the Myrtle Avenue area, or who had left a house in an "agitated state''.
The Hampshire coroner has been informed.