Music chosen as carnival theme
FLOATS will be pumping up the volume at Felixstowe Carnival this summer because music has been chosen as the event's theme.Eleven-year-old Kathryn Hawtin chose the theme and is hoping all the entries in the big parade will be making melody and a joyful noise as they pass through the resort on carnival day.
FLOATS will be pumping up the volume at Felixstowe Carnival this summer because music has been chosen as the event's theme.
Eleven-year-old Kathryn Hawtin chose the theme and is hoping all the entries in the big parade will be making melody and a joyful noise as they pass through the resort on carnival day.
Kathryn, a pupil at Colneis Junior School, Colneis Road, Felixstowe, was one of dozens of youngsters to enter a competition to suggest a theme and create a poster showing their ideas.
Carnival secretary Richard Stewart said: "The association decided Kathryn's idea for the theme would allow all entrants to the procession to have a very general basis on which to decorate their floats and themselves."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Stewart said plans for the carnival weekend – August 8, 9 and 10 – were well advanced and procession entry packs would be available this week.
The carnival is this year moving from its seafront site and returning to the home it enjoyed for many years, Langer Park.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 8 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
The park, where many carnivals were held from the 1960s to the 1980s, will host the fun fair and other attractions, live music and displays.
Other events will include a display by an RAF Jaguar jet fighter display off the seafront, plus a joint demonstration by the Coast Patrol group and an RAF Sea King search and rescue helicopter.