Music fans enjoy Gig in the Park
THOUSANDS of music lovers have been enjoying the entertainment and sunshine on offer at Halesworth's Gig In The Park.
THOUSANDS of music lovers have been enjoying the entertainment and sunshine on offer at Halesworth's Gig In The Park
The festival, which kicked off on Friday evening, is set to be the most successful in the event's 12 year history and about 6,000 people are expected over the weekend.
Friday night's opening festivities saw a rocking set from headliners Frontbum, a rock band who come from Halesworth but tour all over the world.
Yestereday afternoon's entertainment came from Norwich pop-punk act The Brownies and The Darkness' old drummer Ed Graham's new band Karaoke for Beginners.
You may also want to watch:
Last night's highlights include performances from Chas and Dave and Glenn Tilbrook and The Fluffers.
Andy Graham, one of the event's organisers, said: “It's going really well so far. I haven't had the official figures but I think Friday night must have been a record crowd.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 5 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 6 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 7 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 8 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 9 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 10 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
“The weather has held out and there are loads of people about having a great time.”