Musical Millie, ‘loved by everyone’, celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A great-great-grandmother with a love of signing marked her 100th birthday amid a chorus of celebration from family, friends and care home staff.
Millicent Guilford, known as Millie, was described as being “loved by everyone” at Rendlesham Care Centre, where she has lived since 2012.
A talented singer, Millie used to tour care homes to entertain residents and once performed at the world famous Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
She lived in Woodbridge before moving to Rendlesham, where senior care assistant Debbie Dumbill said she was much admired.
Millie is also an animal lover and supporter of feline welfare charity, Cats Protection.
You may also want to watch:
Her son, Ian, said she was “the best mother a child could have”.
Millie had another son, Tony, who died from illness in 2012.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
She has five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and a great-great-grandson.