Musical Millie, ‘loved by everyone’, celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A great-great-grandmother with a love of signing marked her 100th birthday amid a chorus of celebration from family, friends and care home staff.
Millicent Guilford, known as Millie, was described as being “loved by everyone” at Rendlesham Care Centre, where she has lived since 2012.
A talented singer, Millie used to tour care homes to entertain residents and once performed at the world famous Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
She lived in Woodbridge before moving to Rendlesham, where senior care assistant Debbie Dumbill said she was much admired.
Millie is also an animal lover and supporter of feline welfare charity, Cats Protection.
Her son, Ian, said she was “the best mother a child could have”.
Millie had another son, Tony, who died from illness in 2012.
- 1 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 2 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 3 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 4 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 5 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 6 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 7 Suffolk museum to host military vehicle display
- 8 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 9 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 10 Ex-Town striker Pitman drops down five levels to sign for new club
She has five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and a great-great-grandson.