My Pet: Conservatives win in Suffolk but who did Abbie vote for?
- Credit: Archant
So it was all blue, blue and more blue for Suffolk in the general election.
They say you should never ask a person which party they voted for, and it should be the same for dogs. Matt, my human person, disagrees. He says that if animals as low as the dog are given the vote, they should have to explain who they went for.
Reclining on my new rather splendid bed, I watched rather sleepily as the results came in from across the country. As Dimbleby and Co were left flabbergasted by the news at 10pm that the Tories were forecast for a majority, I was setting up a group chat on Facebook For Dogs with my canine friends.
Although I cannot possibly reveal my allegiances, I will out my pedigree chums. Margot the Dalmatian from Milden is like Madonna in many ways and also True Blue. Frank the Labrador from Leiston was undecided between UKIP and Labour. But when it came to the crunch he went red.
There was talk some humans would partake in a drinking game for election night. Us dogs preferred the eating game. It was one chunk of meat whenever a guest being interviewed reached for their ear to hear what they were being asked and a whole bone if the “long-term economic plan” was mentioned.
You may also want to watch:
Much food was wiped from the dogs’ bowls when “it’s too early in the night” was used as an argument for suspending belief in what eventually turned out to be the case.
The system worked rather well until we ran out of food.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Woman's body found in village home
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 10 'It's been a strange few days' - Skuse gives emotional exit interview
If any dog, or even their owner, would like to contact Abbie, email email@example.com