My Pet: The humans may be feeling the chill, but my husky coat is keeping me nice and warm
- Credit: Archant
I see the humans shivering as the cold winds blow in heralding the start of the long, bitter march towards winter.
But I, in my husky-cross-alsatian coat, sit pretty – it’s luxurious and thick, and that’s just the tail.
Meanwhile Matt, my human person, has dug out his big jacket as he moans and moans about the plunging temperatures.
He’s been enjoying the fireworks over the last few days but me, less so.
Fireworks week does tend to be one that us canines mark as a danger in our diaries.
You may also want to watch:
But as long as your human knows the drill, you can get through it.
And Matt has been wonderful.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
TV blaring out at twice the volume has kept the nasty noises at bay - apart from...well, I shan’t go into Frank the Labrador from Leiston’s toilet habits.
And at least it’s an opportunity to put on my sad face and get lots of extra treats which seems to be working well this year. I am irresistible, after all.
I do worry about others though. Some dogs can handle the crash and bang of the thousands of fireworks which go up each year in the region.
But it’s the little puppies I worry about. Matt was telling me this week about his colleague Matt Bunn’s new lurcher pup, eight-week-old Loki.
Still, as long as he’s up to my Matt’s standards, Loki will be fine. (But don’t tell him I said so!)
If any other dogs or even their owners would like to write in, email email@example.com or write to 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN
As told to Matt Hunter