My Pet: The weather won’t stop Abbie’s Christmas shopping
- Credit: Archant
The weather bomb didn’t get me!
We canines worry little about the temperature, humid or cold, it doesn’t matter, as long as we get our walkies.
And it was the same this week when Matt, my human person, came home from work worrying about a weather bomb.
I had no idea what he was talking about but apparently it involved a rapidly intensifying depression, whatever that means. I admit I couldn’t make head nor tail from it but Matt had his coat and umbrella – what more does a human need?
Margot the dalmatian from Milden was worried the weather was going to disrupt her Christmas shopping but I persuaded her that all of the finest department stores have heating and water bowls for refreshment.
Frank the labrador from Leiston is doing all his shopping online, the lazy mutt, so cares little about the wind.
Thinking about Matt’s present, I was distracted by an enticing advert about a weather station. On the positive side it would mean he would be better prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at him but it would mean another horrible electronic device in the house.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 4 Controversial statue on Stowmarket roundabout gets green light
- 5 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 6 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 7 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 8 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
- 9 Mike Bacon: A perfect start to hopefully a perfect season
- 10 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
Long-standing readers will know about my nervous disposition. Whether it’s I’m a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! or the microwave – I’m not keen on anything with weird jungle noises or unusual machine beeps.
So I will just have to keep thinking about what to get him. Some ideas are of course off the list: cats and another dog.
If any dogs, or even their owners, would like to write in, email email@example.com
As told to Matt Hunter
For more from Abbie Hunter, see her webpage here