Mystery Lotto winner scoops �56,493
IPSWICH: A mystery Lotto winner from Ipswich has won a �56,493 jackpot but has not claimed their prize.
IPSWICH: A mystery Lotto winner has scooped a �56,493 jackpot after an appeal to claim their cash.
The lucky player from Ipswich finally came forward after the National Lottery launched a hunt to find the ticket holder.
The anonymous claimant won the impressive sum by matching five numbers and a bonus ball in the lotto draw on Saturday, November 14.
But after two weeks, they finally stepped up to collect their winnings.
You may also want to watch:
The magic numbers on that night were 1, 5, 9, 20, 23, 39 and the bonus ball was 38.
A spokesman for the National Lottery said: “We're delighted the winner of this prize has come forward and we hope they will enjoy their win.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 10 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
“It would have been awful if they had missed out on this substantial and life-enhancing amount of money.”
Players were urged to check their pockets, bags and sofas to track down the missing ticket before the stash was claimed.
Winners have just 180 days to claim their cash before it is given to the National Lottery's Good Causes fund which has already raised �23 billion since the lottery started in November 1994.
Another player from the Mid Suffolk area has just five days left to claim a massive �68,201 haul from the lottery draw on June 10, 2009.
The spokesman said: “We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”
Anyone who thinks they may have a winning ticket within the 180-day deadline can call the National Lottery Line on 0845 9100000.
Players can also check their tickets online at www.national-lottery.co.uk
Have you won the bumper sum on the lottery? Let us know at Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org