Charity offer by Ipswich Building Society for Twilight Races
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Building Society is offering a local charity the opportunity to benefit from this year’s Twilight 10K Road Races.
The mass-participation event, organised by Ipswich Jaffa Running Club in association with the building society, Suffolk New College and Ipswich Borough Council, takes place on Friday, August 3.
Charities can now apply to be the event’s sole charity partner, with the successful applicant to receive 10 places for runners and substantial publicity.
Building society chief executive Richard Norrington said: “We are pleased to invite charities to apply to be the official race charity partner and benefit from this growing event, which has become an annual highlight among the Suffolk running community.
“The selected charity will be able to fundraise through their allocation of free places and also raise awareness of their work in the community.”
To qualify, charities must operate solely or principally in the Ipswich and Suffolk areas and promote, encourage or facilitate physical activity and wellbeing.
Charities who wish to apply should submit their application to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why they would like to be chosen. Applications close on Saturday, February 10. Several hundred racers have already signed up, with the first 1,000 entitled to a free official race t-shirt sponsored by Ensors.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 5 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 8 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 9 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 10 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'