Naked jogger gives rush hour motorists a shock
IPSWICH: Shocked motorists and astounded pedestrians witnessed a surprising sight on their way to work – when a naked jogger ran through the streets of Ipswich.
The brave athlete was spotted in the chilly weather at the start of the morning rush hour last Friday.
At around 7.50am a female motorist, who asked not to be named, said she was driving down Bishop’s Hill when she spotted the man running towards her.
“I immediately thought to myself he isn’t wearing any clothes,” she said.
“I was so surprised, he was completely starkers.
You may also want to watch:
“I was gobsmacked – it put me in a bit of a daze.”
Another woman, who also asked not to be named, was walking to work when she saw the man as he made his way along Nacton Road.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
She said he looked as if he was out for a morning jog rather than running away from anything.
“I could see this guy running towards me,” she said.
“By the time he was opposite me, on the other side of the road, I realised he was naked.”
She said as she approached the Duke Street roundabout roadworks, workmen chatted with her mentioning a man running in just his boxers.
“Somewhere between the roundabout and him getting to me he had lost his boxer shorts too on his way up the hill,” she added.
“It did make me smile on a grotty Friday morning.”
And 19-year-old Aiden Thompson, who lives in Clapgate Lane said he saw the man near to his home at around 8.20am.
“It did make me laugh, it is not what you expect to see on your way to work.”
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the 31-year-old, who lives near to the town’s railway station, had been treated for the effects of the cold by paramedics, who called officers for assistance in persuading the man into an ambulance.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
She said the man is understood to be suffering mental health issues.
n Did you see the naked runner? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.