Nandos, Bella Italia and McMullen’s pub lined up for Tollgate development in Stanway
- Credit: Archant
A planning application for a Nandos and Bella Italia restaurant plus a pub has been submitted for the Tollgate development in Stanway.
Churchmanor Estates has put in for permission from Colchester Borough Council for the first phase of the proposed Stane Park development, off the new Western Approach road.
The developer has already signed agreements with brewer McMullens for a country-style pub restaurant on the site, as well as Italian brand Bella Italia and Portguese-style chain Nandos.
If approved work on the site could begin in spring next year and be completed within nine months. The pub would be on the roundabout which currently has a drive-through Costa Coffee and Frankie and Benny’s.
Overall the development, if given the green light, will create an estimated 140 jobs.
The two-acre site is next to land which Persimmon Homes has applied to build 358 homes on, and is close to a proposed development by the Tollgate Partnership which includes plans for a cinema and further restaurants. It would be opposite the Sainsbury’s store.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Clark, managing director of Ipswich-based Churchmanor Estates, said: “We have lined up three high calibre occupiers in McMullens, Bella Italia and Nandos, who will add to the choice of restaurants where the growing population of Stanway can meet, eat and relax.
“The framework vision for the future of Tollgate is for a vibrant urban district which has a balance of high quality employment, retail and leisure proposals and our plans for Stane Park are a very good fit with that vision.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 7 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 8 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 9 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 10 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
“The new pub and restaurants will be a great place for social and community interaction and they are excellently located within very close proximity to local residential and retail areas. Importantly, 140 new jobs will be created.”
Colchester Borough Council has the final say on whether the plans get the go-ahead.
The Tollgate Framework Vision, drawn up by the council in conjunction with residents and local landowners, aims to ensure new developments support economic development and job creation. More than 2,000 new homes are planned for the Stanway Growth Area in the next few years.