Siblings face trial over alleged attack on couple during ‘pub melee’
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman has been accused of ‘glassing’ another woman during a fight at a Suffolk pub.
Natasha Jackson denied causing Kelly Pile actual bodily harm, and assaulting a second woman, Saphron Proudfoot, in Haverhill on the night of April 19.
Jackson, 30, of New London Road, Chelmsford, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court, where her brother Daniel, 33, of Warren Court, Haverhill, had previously been charged with assaulting Miss Proudfoot and wounding Mrs Pile's husband, Adrian, with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm.
Prosecutor Lesla Small said Jackson was accused of assaulting Mrs Pile with a glass "during a melee".
She said Daniel Jackson was due to stand trial on March 24 and submitted that all matters should be heard together.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates granted Jackson unconditional bail until a pre-trial hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune