Siblings face trial over alleged attack on couple during ‘pub melee’
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A woman has been accused of ‘glassing’ another woman during a fight at a Suffolk pub.
Natasha Jackson denied causing Kelly Pile actual bodily harm, and assaulting a second woman, Saphron Proudfoot, in Haverhill on the night of April 19.
Jackson, 30, of New London Road, Chelmsford, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court, where her brother Daniel, 33, of Warren Court, Haverhill, had previously been charged with assaulting Miss Proudfoot and wounding Mrs Pile's husband, Adrian, with intent to cause him grievous bodily harm.
Prosecutor Lesla Small said Jackson was accused of assaulting Mrs Pile with a glass "during a melee".
She said Daniel Jackson was due to stand trial on March 24 and submitted that all matters should be heard together.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates granted Jackson unconditional bail until a pre-trial hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on December 20.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston