Teenager held over stabbing of woman
- Credit: Archant
A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a woman was stabbed in Needham Market.
The boy, who was arrested by officers in London on Sunday October 20, is the second person to be detained over the incident which happened at 6.10am on Saturday October 19.
Officers were called to reports that a woman in her 30s had been stabbed in Quinton Road in the town.
She was taken to West Suffolk hospital by ambulance and has now been transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital where she remains in a stable condition following an operation.
Previously a man, aged in his 50s, arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on Saturday evening was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on police bail October 20 until November 14 pending further enquiries.
Detectives believe this was a targeted attack with the victim and offender known to each other.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 5 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or has knowledge of the incident should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/63505/19.