Needham Market FC secures £50,000 bursary for club improvements
- Credit: ANDY PARADISE
Needham Market Football Club has announced it will be enhancing its facilities after bagging a £50,000 bursary.
The mid Suffolk club secured the funding after taking on five other finalists at a pitching competition at Wembley Stadium.
The prize, awarded by the Buildbase Club Renovation Programme, includes building, electrical and hire products which will be provided by local Buildbase branches.
The non-league team says it is planning to improve its facilities – including changing rooms, function rooms and a community café – to supplement the recently-installed 3G pitch and create a hub for the community.
Robert Peace, Needham Market FC operations and academy director said: “The £50,000 product bursary for club improvements will have a massive benefit on the club and local community.
“The community café, changing room facilities and multi-function room will provide some of the best facilities within the county alongside the 3G pitch currently being built.
“Winning the Buildbase Renovation Programme will now allow Needham Market FC to open the facilities to a wider range of individuals and allow greater football and sporting provision on site and will be an area for the local community, staff and volunteers to be proud of.”
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 3 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 8 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 9 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 10 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
Needham Market FC is one of two clubs to win this year’s product bursary, splitting the £100,000 prize with Stockport’s Cheadle Town FC.
Ian McConville, procurement director at Buildbase said: “This is our second year awarding the product bursary to two non-league clubs and – from a total of almost 60 applications – we’ve chosen two richly-deserving winners that are investing both in their football clubs and the local community.
“Listening to them and all the shortlisted clubs was a reminder of the great work grass-roots football clubs do in often very challenging circumstances.”
Mark Bullingham, FA group commercial and marketing director, said: “Congratulations to Needham Market for securing this prestigious product bursary.
“Once again the Buildbase Club Renovation programme has energised the grassroots community and demonstrated that opportunities exist for clubs at this level to improve facilities for the betterment of players, staff and fans alike. Thanks again to Buildbase.”