Needham Market FC secures £50,000 bursary for club improvements
- Credit: ANDY PARADISE
Needham Market Football Club has announced it will be enhancing its facilities after bagging a £50,000 bursary.
The mid Suffolk club secured the funding after taking on five other finalists at a pitching competition at Wembley Stadium.
The prize, awarded by the Buildbase Club Renovation Programme, includes building, electrical and hire products which will be provided by local Buildbase branches.
The non-league team says it is planning to improve its facilities – including changing rooms, function rooms and a community café – to supplement the recently-installed 3G pitch and create a hub for the community.
Robert Peace, Needham Market FC operations and academy director said: “The £50,000 product bursary for club improvements will have a massive benefit on the club and local community.
You may also want to watch:
“The community café, changing room facilities and multi-function room will provide some of the best facilities within the county alongside the 3G pitch currently being built.
“Winning the Buildbase Renovation Programme will now allow Needham Market FC to open the facilities to a wider range of individuals and allow greater football and sporting provision on site and will be an area for the local community, staff and volunteers to be proud of.”
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 9 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 10 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
Needham Market FC is one of two clubs to win this year’s product bursary, splitting the £100,000 prize with Stockport’s Cheadle Town FC.
Ian McConville, procurement director at Buildbase said: “This is our second year awarding the product bursary to two non-league clubs and – from a total of almost 60 applications – we’ve chosen two richly-deserving winners that are investing both in their football clubs and the local community.
“Listening to them and all the shortlisted clubs was a reminder of the great work grass-roots football clubs do in often very challenging circumstances.”
Mark Bullingham, FA group commercial and marketing director, said: “Congratulations to Needham Market for securing this prestigious product bursary.
“Once again the Buildbase Club Renovation programme has energised the grassroots community and demonstrated that opportunities exist for clubs at this level to improve facilities for the betterment of players, staff and fans alike. Thanks again to Buildbase.”