Needham Market match called off due to 'ongoing fuel situation'
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Needham Market Football Club has announced that their midweek game against Leiston FC has been postponed.
The club was due to play against Leiston FC tonight and alerted fans the match was off due to the "ongoing fuel situation".
According to NMFCs website "This evening's 1st Team Match Away to Leiston has been postponed due to the ongoing fuel situation. A new date for the fixture will be confirmed as soon as agreed."
Both teams also tweeted out confirmation that tonight's game would not go ahead.
Needham Market still intends to play on Saturday when they are due to host Barwell.
You may also want to watch:
A representative from the football club told the paper: "We're at home for the next game, so it really depends on if the other team can travel. It's up to them."
Norfolk based Dereham FC has also been forced to cancel their next match.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 9 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move