Needham Market/North Wales: Man, 72, accused of 32 child sex offences appears in court.
- Credit: Archant
A 72-year-old man charged with 32 sex offences as part of a large-scale historic child abuse inquiry has had his case committed to crown court.
John Allen, of Foxglove Avenue, Needham Market, appeared before magistrates in Mold, north Wales, today accused of assaults on 15 children in the care system.
Allen was charged by Serious Organised Crime Agency officers late yesterday after being re-arrested.
He was originally detained in April.
Allen is accused of 22 indecent assaults, one offence of gross indecency and nine offences of buggery.
The offences are alleged to have taken place between 1968 and 1989 against children who were aged between seven and 15-years-old at the time.
At the end of today’s hearing Allen was remanded in custody. His case was committed to Caernafon Crown Court, where he is due to appear next Thursday.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch