Power restored to homes after electricity cable damaged
- Credit: Archant
Power has been restored to homes in Needham Market after an electricity cable was damaged earlier in the day.
People living in the town were told it could be six hours or more before power was switched back on.
However, UK Power Networks engineers managed to fix the issue by 6pm, around five hours after the problem was first reported.
A spokesman said: "Our engineers worked hard to fix it and your power should now be back on.
"We are sorry for any trouble this may have caused you.
You may also want to watch:
"If you are still experiencing problems try resetting your trip switches or contact us and we will be able to help."
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers