Neighbours shocked by body find in town centre
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after a man’s body was found at a house in Ipswich.
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after a man’s body was found at a house in Ipswich town centre.
Officers were called to a property in Cromwell Square at 12.56pm yesterday after a member of the public reported concerns about people inside the building.
Police officers descended on the scene and the property was cordoned off for several hours while investigations were carried out.
The man’s death is currently being treated as unexplained and a post mortem will be carried out at a later date.
You may also want to watch:
Nearby residents expressed their shock at the news and described seeing police forensic teams combing the property.
One resident, who asked not to be named, said: “It’s a big shock to come home and hear that a man has died.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms
“Someone told me they saw police forensics milling about earlier so I knew something serious was going on.
“But to hear a man has died is shocking. I guess everyone in the row of houses here will be stunned right now.
“I don’t know who the man was. People keep themselves to themselves around here and it’s pretty quiet most of the time.”
Another added: “I could see police people entering the property and I also saw them in the back garden.
“I couldn’t make out what was going on but it looked quite bad. To hear that a body has been found is terrible.
“There have been lots of people crowded round the square for quite some time.”
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “The body of a man was discovered at a property in Cromwell Square, Ipswich.
“Suffolk Police were called at 12.56pm by a member of the public who was concerned about the occupants of the property. Police attended and a body was discovered.
“As is standard procedure, police are treating the death as unexplained at this time. A post mortem will be conducted in due course.”
Anyone with any information about the incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.