Overnight network issue at Addenbrooke’s Hospital causes patients to be diverted
- Credit: PA
A network issue at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge overnight caused some patients to be diverted to other hospitals across the region.
The issue affected some of the hospital’s internal systems between 11pm and 1am, including electronic patient records, and the hospital said some “non-critical procedures” had to be postponed.
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH) thanked staff and patients for their understanding following the incident.
A spokesman for CUH said: “A supplier’s network issue between 11pm and 1am affected some of our internal systems, including our electronic patient record.
“As per the trust’s business continuity policy a limited number of non-critical procedures were temporarily postponed and some patients were diverted to other hospitals as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
“CUH would like to thank its dedicated staff during this period and patients for their understanding.”
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Judge won't play for Ipswich again this season as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 7 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 8 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals