Is Aldi heading back to Stowmarket?
- Credit: Archant
There is good news for bargain hunters in Stowmarket as a discount store bids to make a return to the town.
Aldi have sent out leaflets to residents saying: “Aldi are excited about bringing their award-winning offers back to Stowmarket.
“The proposed Aldi store will add much needed choice and competition for local residents.”
Aldi say they will be submitting a planning application to Mid Suffolk District Council later this year and have asked local residents to fill in a questionnaire on their proposal.
The leaflet mentions Aldi’s decision to close their old Stowmarket store in Gipping Way in 2009.
You may also want to watch:
The leaflet continues: “We are delighted to have identified a location, just further along Gipping Way and close to the town centre, to deliver a more modern and sustainable store in the town.”
Earlier this year Mid Suffolk District Council confirmed they had bought the former Aldi store. It is not yet clear what the council is planning for the space.
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed