New American bound flights take off from Stansted
A NEW service has taken off from Stansted Airport this weekend offering flights to America.
The new route, by Sun Country Airlines launched their new summer service from the Essex airport to Minnesota in the state of Minneapolis.
The airline has teamed up with Mall of America to offer great value travel packages to the destination where visitors can enjoy attractions including Nickelodeon Universe and Underwater Adventures Amusement Park.
“Since announcing the start of this new service back in March, Sun Country has had great interest from UK travellers keen to take advantage of its exciting travel packages to this part of the USA,” said Stansted Airport’s Commercial and Development Director, Nick Barton.
“Stansted’s prime location on the doorstep of London, with easy connections across the East of England, has also been an attractive offering for American tourists keen to explore the centuries of history found in our capital city and East of England region.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re delighted Sun Country chose Stansted as the London gateway through which to operate these exciting travel deals, and we wish them every success with its service from here this Summer.”
Touching down on the inaugural flight into Stansted was Sun Country Airline’s President and CEO, Stan Gadek. He said: “Stansted Airport is one of the best connected airports in Europe, and our passengers from the USA will not only take advantage of Stansted’s proximity to London and East of England region, but also the convenient flight connections across Europe, especially those operated by leading low-cost airlines easyJet and Ryanair.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 3 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
“Likewise, we’re looking forward to welcoming many British travellers onto Sun Country Airlines this summer as they head across the pond to experience the sights and sounds of the Twin Cities of Minnesota.”
For further information on Sun Country Airlines services from Stansted Airport visit www.suncountry.co.uk