New arrival is sticking his neck out
HE is one-week old today, but he's already 5ft 10ins tall.The baby giraffe, who was born at Suffolk Wildlife Park in Kessingland, has been growing at an incredible rate of an inch a day.
HE is one-week old today, but he's already 5ft 10ins tall.
The baby giraffe, who was born at Suffolk Wildlife Park in Kessingland, has been growing at an incredible rate of an inch a day.
Staff have been pleased to see the calf suckling from his mother, gaining vital nutrients for fast growth. He has not been named as yet.
The new mum, Puzzle, came to the park from London Zoo. Visitors can see the new arrival at the giraffe house.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster is the fifth giraffe to have been born at the park. The first, nicknamed Sprocket The Rocket, is now at Dublin Zoo and the last, Sprout, is enjoying life in Suffolk.
Giraffes can grow to over 18ft tall and adults eat as much as 65lbs of leaves a day.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 6 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged