New Ballingdon Fete in Sudbury will feature bake off-style challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Great British Bake Off-style challenge will be one of the highlights at the first-ever Ballingdon Fete in Sudbury later this year.
The fete will be held on Kone Vale, off Ballingdon Street and Middleton Road, on Sunday, September 9, and will be raising money for the Eden-Rose Coppice in Sudbury.
Sponsored by town business Amor Interiors, the fete will host a bake off along the lines of the hugely successful TV show and invite amateur cake makers and biscuit bakers to bring along their signature creations for judging.
Andy Message, Ballingdon Fete committee chairman, said: “We believe the fete is a first for Ballingdon and it’ll be a great day for the whole community and visitors.
“It’ll really bring the community together and we are looking forward to people coming and enjoying themselves and helping us to raise money for such a worthwhile cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Rob Brookes, founder of Eden-Rose Coppice, said: “As a cancer charity we rely on funds and we are always pleased when a fundraising effort is local to our palliative care woodlands.
“The Ballingdon Fete is a great idea and we are sure it will go from strength to strength.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Other planned attractions at the event include live music, a dog show, children’s games, stalls, food and drink.
Stalls are £10 if booked before July 29 and anyone interested can email email@example.com for details and a booking form.
Any businesses or individuals who would like to donate a raffle prize or sponsor attractions at the fete can also email the same address.
For more information on the Eden-Rose Coppice go to www.withnature.org