New chairman for Essex Air Ambulance trust
- Credit: Archant
A new permanent chairman has been appointed to head up the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust.
Jonathan Trower, a trustee of the charity for a year, has taken over from acting chairman Rob Forsyth.
Mr Trower, managing director at DC Advisory and owner with his wife of a small farming business on the Herts/Essex border, is also involved with a number of other local charities and was High Sheriff of Hertfordshire in 2015.
He said: “I am honoured and suitably humbled to be taking on this role. I know how much the people of Essex and Hertfordshire care about their air ambulance. I will do everything in my power to ensure this charity continues to serve the needs of our two counties.
“I would like to thank Rob, on all our behalves, for everything that he has achieved as acting chairman over the last few years. I am more than a little daunted as I step into his shoes.
“I am immensely looking forward to working with chief executive Jane Gurney and her team.”
Mr Forsyth remains a trustee at the charity.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
Mrs Gurney said: “We are delighted to welcome Jonathan to the board. He brings with him a wealth of experience and a true passion for the communities of Essex and Hertfordshire.
“His knowledge, together with his previous work with other charities, will guide us towards our next exciting chapter. I am personally looking forward to working alongside Jonathan in helping to make Essex & Herts Air Ambulance stronger than ever before.”