New community centre opened
HARWICH MP Ivan Henderson has officially opened the £450,000 Long Meadows Community Centre in Dovercourt.Mr Henderson carried out the duty yesterday on behalf of the Harwich and District Community Association.
HARWICH MP Ivan Henderson has officially opened the £450,000 Long Meadows Community Centre in Dovercourt.
Mr Henderson carried out the duty yesterday on behalf of the Harwich and District Community Association.
He said: "There are so many areas where Government funded initiatives are making a big difference locally and it is important to be able to show the benefit to the community of such investment."
The Long Meadows Centre was financed by local funding and a grant of £313,000 from the community fund, £90,000 from the single regeneration budget and £25,000 from Essex County Council.
You may also want to watch:
The building replaced a dilapidated hall and more than 20,000 people used it during its first year before the official ceremony.
Mr Henderson had been due to show Minister for Sport, Richard Caborn around his constituency, but Mr Caborn was unable to attend.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 6 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk