New ‘sportive and Roubaix’ cycle ride coming to Southwold
- Credit: Archant
An exciting new cycling event is coming to Southwold - including gruelling off-road sections to for the ‘brave and foolhardy’.
The Southwold Cycle Sportive, on Sunday April 8, will have routes and distances to suit all ages including 75, 50 and 25 mile routes as well as a family friendly ride.
However, this is a sportive with a difference.
In tribute to the Paris-Roubaix race, held on the same day, experienced cyclists will be given the chance to take on five optional ‘Roubaix Challenge’ shortcuts along rough, muddy paths and tracks - although you can opt out on the day.
The ride, organised by Pedal Revolution and Adnams, is a not-for-profit event with proceeds benefiting local charities and bike projects. The route will be fully signposted with a mobile mechanic and drink stops along the way,
You may also want to watch:
You can enter the ride by visiting any Pedal Revolution shop or by visiting www.pedalrevolution.co.uk/events
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results