Pictures show scale of fire at former Fisons building
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews remain on the scene investigating what they described as a ‘challenging’ fire last night.
A statement on Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service’s Facebook page said: “We are currently in attendance at a derelict building fire on Paper Mill Lane in Bramford.
“Five fire appliances and the Aerial Ladder Platform are at the scene. Crews from Ipswich, Needham Market, Stowmarket, and Woodbridge have worked extremely hard under challenging conditions to contain the fire which is now under control.
“We will be remaining on scene for some time damping down, therefore Paper Mill Lane remains closed to all traffic between Claydon and Bramford.”
It’s the second fire at the site in less than a month.
Kelvin Dakin from the Save the Northern Warehouse group, which aims to protect the site, said that he had been down to the site this morning and confirmed that the damage had been done to a building to the south of the site and was not one of the listed structures.
“It’s only a matter of time before there’s a fire in the main building,” said Mr Dakin,“I feel very angry.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
It’s not clear at this stage what caused the fire.