Pictures show scale of fire at former Fisons building
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews remain on the scene investigating what they described as a ‘challenging’ fire last night.
A statement on Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service’s Facebook page said: “We are currently in attendance at a derelict building fire on Paper Mill Lane in Bramford.
“Five fire appliances and the Aerial Ladder Platform are at the scene. Crews from Ipswich, Needham Market, Stowmarket, and Woodbridge have worked extremely hard under challenging conditions to contain the fire which is now under control.
“We will be remaining on scene for some time damping down, therefore Paper Mill Lane remains closed to all traffic between Claydon and Bramford.”
It’s the second fire at the site in less than a month.
You may also want to watch:
Kelvin Dakin from the Save the Northern Warehouse group, which aims to protect the site, said that he had been down to the site this morning and confirmed that the damage had been done to a building to the south of the site and was not one of the listed structures.
“It’s only a matter of time before there’s a fire in the main building,” said Mr Dakin,“I feel very angry.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 3 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 10 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
It’s not clear at this stage what caused the fire.