MP cuts ribbon to open FA Girls’ Wildcat Centre in Capel St Mary
- Credit: Archant
MP James Cartlidge officially opened a new FA girls’ football centre in Capel St Mary at the weekend.
A big crowd turned up to Friars playing field on Saturday to support the launch the Wildcats Centre, which gives girls aged between five and 11 the chance to play the beautiful game in an environment created exclusively for girls.
Mr Cartlidge said: “I was very impressed with this excellent new enterprise in Capel St Mary.
“I think that it is important for young people to take part in team activities and to do exercise outdoors, it is also a brilliant opportunity to meet new friends.
“Perhaps the club will also inspire and coach new talent to support our increasingly successful national women’s football team.”
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Bolton, Suffolk FA girls’ and women’s football development officer, added: “Capel Plough FC hosted a fantastic opening SSE Wildcats session on Saturday during Girls’ Football Week with 28 girls taking part.
“The coach Adam was very engaging and worked really well with all the girls in the tough weather conditions.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 6 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 7 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
“I am sure this session will continue to grow as the weeks go on.”
Aimee Collins, 15, who plays for the Capel Plough FC and helped organise the opening, said: “I found it very difficult when I was younger to find a club that offered football for girls.
“This FA Wildcats Centre is the perfect way for younger girls to start playing football.
“Football is great way to meet new friends, keep fit and also good for exam stress.’
The centre is open at Capel St Mary playing fields every Saturday from 9.30am to 10.30am.
For more information email email@example.com