New headteacher is appointed for school in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The new headteacher of Abbots Green Academy, in Bury St Edmunds, has admitted she fell in love with the school from the moment she stepped foot inside.
Ang Morrison has been appointed the new permanent headteacher at the primary school in Airfield Road on the town’s Moreton Hall Estate.
She said: “As soon as I arrived, I fell in love with the school and its ethos and is keen to be part of the wider community.
“For me, one of the big selling points of the school was all the opportunity for outdoor learning.
“There is also a real family environment. The children are enthusiastic learners and the involvement from staff and parents ensures a great drive and vision for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
Her appointment comes a month after the school joined the Samuel Ward Academy Trust and Mrs Morrison said: “We have embraced joining the Trust and we are all very excited about the next chapter for Abbots Green.
“Most of our children will naturally go to Sybil Andrews Academy and joining the Trust was a great way of further creating a smooth transition.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
“We already have strong links with Sybil Andrews with the likes of science, maths and PE workshops being organised for our older children.”
Paul Jay, chair of governors, added: “We are delighted to have appointed Ang Morrison as the new permanent headteacher of Abbots Green Academy.
“She has brought a lot of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the role and we look forward to continue supporting her and the entire school community.”
Mrs Morrison has worked in Suffolk since 2006 and joined Abbots Green as deputy headteacher two years ago before taking on the headship initially on an interim basis.
The growing school, formerly known as Abbots Green Primary School, opened in Airfield Road 12 years ago and now provides education for more than 450 children, aged between three and 11 years old.