New home for Colchester sexual health clinic from next week
- Credit: PA
Contraception and sexual health services in Colchester will move to their new home next week.
The service will relocate from its current base at Essex County Hospital to the old Post Office building at 66 High Street, renamed Clinic 66.
It will open on Tuesday after having undergone a 15-week £516,000 redevelopment
The Contraception & Sexual Health Service (C&SH), provided by Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust, currently sees between 2,500 and 3,000 patients a month.
Michele Dunn, matron for C&SH and gynaecology services, said: “It’s now commonplace for sexual health services to be provided in a community setting, rather than at a hospital.
You may also want to watch:
“Because Clinic 66 is located in the town centre it’s easily accessible by public transport and convenient for people to pop into. It’s also close to schools and Colchester Sixth Form College.
“In my experience, people are more willing to access these services in the community rather than attend a hospital so I’m confident the move will be welcomed by the people we’re here to help.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
As well as consulting and counselling rooms, the site has its own laboratory.
Community services will continue to be run at other locations including community hospitals and the University of Essex.
Clinic 66 can be contacted on 01206 748714, 748715 and 748716.
It will open at the follow times:
• Monday: Drop-in clinic 8.30-11.30am, appointments noon-1pm, 2-7.30pm
• Tuesday: Appointments 9am-7.30pm
• Wednesday: Drop-in clinic 8.30-11.30am
• Thursday: Appointments 9am-1pm, 6-7.30pm, drop-in clinic 2-4.30pm
• Friday: Drop-in clinic 8.30-11.30am
• Saturday: Appointments 9am-1pm