New interim head appointed at Sybil Andrews Academy in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
A Bury St Edmunds secondary school has appointed an interim headteacher following the sudden departure of its former leader at February half-term.
Trenica King will start at Sybil Andrews Academy, on Moreton Hall, after Easter following Andy Prestoe’s decision to step down from the role for “personal and professional reasons”.
The recruitment process for a new permanent headteacher at the Samuel Ward Academy Trust school from September is underway.
Mrs King said: “Having met the governors and staff, what struck me instantly is the ambition everyone has for the school to be the best it can be.
“I want to assist as much as possible with that and I am very excited to lead the school for the summer term.”
Mrs King has had 10 years of senior leadership experience in secondary schools, including three years as headteacher at New Rickstones Academy in Witham and, this term, as the interim headteacher at a school in Romford which the trust has been supporting.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Rayner, chair of governors at the school, said: “Trenica has visited the school and, like everyone who visits, was delighted by what she saw.
“We look forward to welcoming her to the school and I know she is looking forward to meeting our students and their parents.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
Tim Coulson, chief executive of the Samuel Ward Academy Trust, said: “We are fortunate to have secured the services of such an experienced and delightful headteacher for Sybil Andrews Academy.
“Trenica will support the leadership team and staff as they plan to grow even further than the numbers first envisaged for the school, such has become its popularity in the town.”