New ITV drama Fearless starting Monday filmed in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk will play a starring role in a top new drama series which starts on ITV on Monday night, with some of Suffolk’s scenic countryside set to feature on screen.
The six-part crime drama Fearless will air at 9pm on ITV1 on Monday, featuring Helen McCrory.
The series charts the efforts of lawyer Emma Banville (McCrory) – a dedicated solicitor who grew up in Suffolk – who has to battle for her client’s innocence after believing her to be wrongly accused of the murder of a Suffolk schoolgirl.
The series juxtaposes Emma’s present life in London with her past as an emerging lawyer in Suffolk through a series of flashbacks, while the family of the murdered schoolgirl remain in the county too.
The Screen Suffolk team, which helps brings TV, film, photography and advert productions into the county, showed around the show’s director for two days last autumn, resulting in a two week shoot in the county later in the season and a return for some driving shots in February.
Assistant location manager Chloe Misson said: “Suffolk looks amazing. It features from the opening episode all the way through, in a series of flashbacks, as well as current-day action.
“We filmed at Bentwaters Parks and the countryside around it.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 3 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 6 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 7 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 8 Mike Bacon: Luke Woolfenden.... going nowhere, going everywhere
- 9 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 10 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
“The way those hills roll - the way they look if you are out on them - we captured something very rural, very isolated. We also shot some great scenes at a beach house in Single Street [near Hollesley].
“You can’t get that look, or create that mood anywhere else – certainly nowhere inside the M25. And we found our Suffolk locations really accessible from London.”
As well as the talents of Helen, who has starred in British films The Queen and the Harry Potter series, the show has been penned by Patrick Harbinson, a screenwriter on hit shows such as Homeland and 24.
Now, Screen Suffolk is hoping it will attract other top productions to the county.
Screen Suffolk director Karen Everett said: “We believe that Suffolk has the ideal locations to build TV series’ around. We’re delighted the production chose to base and spend their production budget here for two full weeks of their demanding shoot. We expect the series will prove to be a fantastic showcase of what the country has to offer filmmakers.”