New Jaguar XF revealed in dramatic ‘high-wire’ stunt
- Credit: supplied
Jaguar’s second-generation XF was revealed in a dramatic ‘high-wire’ water crossing in the heart of London’s business district.
To demonstrate the car’s lightweight construction, the British luxury car-maker hired expert stuntman Jim Dowdall, veteran of Hollywood movies including Bond, Bourne and Indiana Jones, to drive the all-new XF 240 metres across a high-wire.
The stunt took place high over the Royal Dock in London’s Canary Wharf.
Jaguar says its new XF is 80kg lighter than its closest competitor, resulting in best-in-class efficiency of more than 70mpg and CO2 emissions of 104g/km. Next month will see the public debut of the new XF but Jaguar is already boasting class-busting refinement and driving dynamics plus a raft of new technology to both entertain and keep occupants safe.
Following in the footsteps of the company’s flagship XJ, the new XF uses lots of lightweight aluminium.
You may also want to watch:
Although a little shorter and wider than its predecessor, this XF offers rear-seat passengers more head and legroom. It also benefits from Jaguar’s all-new range in-house designed and built engines which promise low CO2 and fuel consumption, with the range including company car-friendly diesels and high-power petrol V6s.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
- 10 Body found in the River Orwell