New kit for Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club junior academy as new sponsor is announced
- Credit: Archant
The junior academy at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club has unveiled its new kit thanks to the generosity of a new sponsor.
The squad, which was established four years ago as a stepping stone for players moving from youth rugby into the seniors, will be sponsored by Suffolk Cottage Holidays for the next two seasons.
Julian Brackenbury, general manager of Suffolk Cottage Holidays, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be supporting Bury Rugby Club in such a meaningful way.
“The growth of tourism and indeed self-catering holidays in Bury St Edmunds and the surrounding areas is an important part of our business and we are really proud to be able to show our support for the rugby club in an area in which we trade so strongly.
“As a former Bury St Edmunds born and bred resident, I am personally extremely excited by the link up and look forward to working together.”
David Reid, Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club chairman, said: “It’s a pleasure to welcome Suffolk Cottage Holidays on board as part of our Bury rugby family of key sponsors.
“Their sponsorship of the junior academy is a wonderful boost to a squad which is young, energetic and has the potential to go far.
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 Matchday Live: Blues and Dons level at the break
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 9 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
“As they travel across East Anglia, they will clearly be proud to the wear our new sponsored shirts.”