New kit for Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club junior academy as new sponsor is announced
- Credit: Archant
The junior academy at Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club has unveiled its new kit thanks to the generosity of a new sponsor.
The squad, which was established four years ago as a stepping stone for players moving from youth rugby into the seniors, will be sponsored by Suffolk Cottage Holidays for the next two seasons.
Julian Brackenbury, general manager of Suffolk Cottage Holidays, said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be supporting Bury Rugby Club in such a meaningful way.
“The growth of tourism and indeed self-catering holidays in Bury St Edmunds and the surrounding areas is an important part of our business and we are really proud to be able to show our support for the rugby club in an area in which we trade so strongly.
“As a former Bury St Edmunds born and bred resident, I am personally extremely excited by the link up and look forward to working together.”
You may also want to watch:
David Reid, Bury St Edmunds Rugby Club chairman, said: “It’s a pleasure to welcome Suffolk Cottage Holidays on board as part of our Bury rugby family of key sponsors.
“Their sponsorship of the junior academy is a wonderful boost to a squad which is young, energetic and has the potential to go far.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 5 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
“As they travel across East Anglia, they will clearly be proud to the wear our new sponsored shirts.”