Children’s author Andy Stanton to open school library
- Credit: Archant
Top children’s author Andy Stanton is to open a new library in his namesake Suffolk village, all thanks to a Tweet.
The writer of the Mr Gum books will be the star guest at Stanton Primary School in Stanton, near Bury St Edmunds, on June 6.
He agreed to come after headteacher Sue Chapman tweeted him inviting him to be their star guest.
"Seeing as he has the same name as the village I thought it would be worth a go and tweeted him," she said.
"He said yes, saying it was a tweet he couldn't ignore, and we are absolutely delighted he is coming as you can imagine."
You may also want to watch:
The library at the school is re-opening after a £17,000 renovation following a major fundraising campaign.
It now stocks more than 5,000 books and the school has a big drive underway to encourage pupils to read for pleasure.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 4 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 5 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 6 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 7 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 8 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 9 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 10 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed