New mayor of Stowmarket Linda Baxter ‘looking forward to year ahead’
- Credit: Archant
The new mayor of Stowmarket said she is “humbled” to represent the town following her appointment this week.
Linda Baxter was named as the new mayor at the town council’s annual meeting on May 2, and will support two charities – Mid Suffolk HomeStart and Citizens Advice Mid Suffolk.
Mrs Baxter said: “I would like to thank our outgoing mayor Dave Muller and his consort, Lois Muller, for their hard work over the past year.
“I am humbled to have been asked to be mayor and represent our town – and I am very much looking forward to the year ahead.”
Mrs Baxter has lived in Suffolk for the past 22 years after being born and brought up in north London.
You may also want to watch:
Having spent her career as a psychiatric nurse, she trained as a counsellor in retirement and now works two days a week in private practice.
The new mayor will be supported in her duties by deputy mayor Paul Ekpenyong.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
During the meeting outgoing mayor Dave Muller announced that he had raised a total of £7,047 to be divided between his three charities and received a round of applause from his fellow councillors for his great efforts.